Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rain dampens wildfire threat

A strong cold front is working its way through OH, KY, TN and states to the south. See picture below. This will go a long way in reducing the threat of widfires for those areas that get the rain. This is NOT the end to fall fire season it just helps a lot!





Tip Of The Blog
Check out http://www.smokeybear.com/ for some great Smokey  Bear fun, trivia and history.

Show your commitment to wildfire prevention.

Take the "Get Your Smokey On" Wildfire Pledge

I pledge to:
BE SMART WHENEVER I GO OUTDOORS
  • To use caution and common sense before lighting any fire.
  • To understand that any fire I or my friends create could become a wildfire.
  • To understand and practice proper guidelines whenever I or my friends create a fire outdoors.
  • To never, ever leave any fire unattended.
  • To make sure any fire that I or my friends create is properly and completely extinguish before moving on.
  • To properly extinguish and discard of smoking materials.
  • To be aware of my surroundings and careful when operating equipment during periods of dry or hot weather.
  • To speak up and step in when I see someone in danger of starting a wildfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment